Office Makeover Ideas
Most people spend the majority of their day at their workplace. For some it's like a sanctuary, but for others it can resemble a disaster zone. For this reason I will outline some simple makeover ideas for your office that will help in making it a better place to spend your time.
- Orient your furniture to accommodate visitors (i.e. add reception seating) and maintain privacy (i.e. incorporate systems furniture)
- Examine traffic flow in the office and adjust the furniture layout to bring resources closer together
- Remove unneccessary clutter by grouping like items together with organizational products like letter trays, pencil cups, and compartment racks
- Schedule a routine time to clean your work area with non-toxic cleaning products like Sun Gold® and use a compressed air can to clean out tough to reach places like your keyboard
- Use natural light from windows and skylights as much as possible
- Use traditional lamp lighting for more intimate or private spaces and to add to the decor of the room
- Use flourescent lighting for task oriented areas
- Use track lighting to give your office a modern feel and to accentuate items on the floor or the walls
- Use mirrors to give the illusion of a bigger space
- Try to incorporate some kind of indoor plant or tree into your office to breakup the layout and to create a more pleasant ambience (Bamboo is a great looking plant that strives indoors)
- Try an office tabletop fountain for a relaxing sound and something interesting to look at
COMFORT IS KEY
Hopefully by using some or all of these ideas you can help your office become a more pleasant and in turn a more efficient place to work.